Tommorow I will hopefully be moving to a new house in Walthamstow, North East London, near Queen's Road Rail Overground station, and within a short walk of Walthamstow Central underground station at the northern end of the lovely Victoria line.
It has taken me several weeks to find a room. One of the reasons for this, aside from the price/scuzziness ratio of North London and the fact I work full time, is the pathetic quality of housing adverts online.
May I suggest to anyone advertising a house or room to rent on the popular online marketplace Gumtree, that you follow these five simple rules.
1. Post pictures of the room itself, not just the communal areas.
2. Don't write all in capitals like a spam email.
3. Don't just write a sentence and then "call me, phone number" at the end.
4. Don't pretend a flat is near Angel when it is in Upper Holloway. Be honest!
5. Try and get the "Date Available" right.
Then people might actually come and look at the room, and not simply think you are a muppet.
In other news, our office is moving to the Wenlock Basin in Angel, and I went to look round for the first time last Tuesday. We are near a lovely canal and two nice charity shops, perfect for a lunch hour dash. Angel is on the Northern Line of London Underground.